Privacy and Security Policy
JTec IT Solutions are committed to protecting your privacy and safeguarding your data. In this policy, we will explain:
- Who we are
- How we collect information
- What information we collect
- The ways in which we may use and share that information
- How we store and protect your information
- How long we hold your information
- How you can update or access any personal information that we hold
- How we operate regarding cookies
Please read this policy in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions and any other product or service terms of which you have been notified.
Who We Are
We are JTec IT Solutions, a leading supplier of ICT Solutions with a specific focus on IT Support, Service and Maintenance.
Registered office address:
1st Floor, 380 Woodstock Road, Belfast, BT6 9DQ
Telephone: 028 9099 2544
How We Collect Information
We collect information directly from you when you are asked to provide personal details about yourself, including but not limited to, when you purchase products or services from us, whether in the office, online, by phone or elsewhere.
- Register to become a client of JTec IT Solutions
- Submit enquiries or contact us
- Use JTec IT Solutions products or services
- When you terminate your account with us
We collect information indirectly from you when you order services, including but not limited to when you:
- Visit or browse our website;
- Download any software that allows us to view your computer / server / laptop.
We collect information about you from other sources, including but not limited to:
- Credit references agencies
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources
Information We Will Collect
- Your name
- Billing address
- Installation address
- Delivery address
- Telephone number
- Your use of IT Services
- Debit or credit card details, banking details and other payment information
The ways in which we may use and share that information
We may use and analyse information about you in order to:
- Provide you with access to parts of this website
- Process your request
- Supply services and products you have ordered
- Contact you if necessary
- Verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes
- Arrange for payment of goods or services purchased
- Inform you of any service related message or of any new services or functionality
- Assist us with a crime and fraud prevention such as to check your identity
- Assist you with any product or service enquiries, including the investigation and resolution of service affecting issues and dealing with any billing queries you may have
- Investigate any complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us
- Enhance and personalise the products and services that we offer you and to develop new products and services
- Analyse markets and produce reports, perform research and statistical analysis
- Market our products and services generally
- Send information to you about our products and services from time to time by phone, post, email, text, MMS, or other means (subject to any obligation or preference you may indicate when submitting your details to us)
- Assess applications and make decisions about credit, credit-related services or other facilities
- Debt tracing, debt recovery, credit management and crime, fraud and money laundering detection and prevention to pass to credit control
How We May Disclose Your Information:
- To our partners, agents and subcontractors (including prospective partners, agents and subcontractors) who are involved in the delivery of providing products or services used or ordered by you
- To credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies
- To any relevant public authority or law enforcement agency
- Where there is a change (or prospective change) in the ownership of JTec IT Solutions to new or prospective owners of JTec IT Solutions. In these circumstances we would require them to keep your data confidential
- Where required by law, regulation or legal proceedings
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect JTec IT Solutions or third party rights and property
- Where you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify or suspect fraud
- Where we, or an affiliate processing your data on our behalf, are compelled to do so by law
- In response to a valid, legally complaint request by a competent authority
- During emergencies when we believe physical safety is at risk
- Where the service is moderated
- In response to a complaint that there has been a breach of the services terms and conditions or any other product or service terms of which you have been notified.
How Long We Retain Your Information
In relation to the following information, we are required to retain it for 10 years in order to ensure that this information is available for the purpose of auditing on accounting records.
- Telephone number
- Email address
How We Store and Protect Your Information
We are committed to keeping your data safe, ensuring that we have the appropriate technical and organisational measures in place, to protect and safeguard your information. All the personal data we process is processed by our staff and stored on servers within the EU, securely and encrypted, however at times we are required to share some of your personal data to third parties who provide hosting, email and other IT Services. We have confirmed that the third parties are compliant with the new General Data Protection Regulation.
All landline telephone calls to and from JTec IT Solutions are recorded for monitoring and training purposes. These calls are kept for 12 months before they automatically delete from our system.
How You Can Update or Access Any Personal Information That We Hold.
We can supply certain types of personal information on request: including but not limited to, name, address and billing details. Requests should be made in writing and include your name, address, telephone number and proof of your identity (such as a photocopy of your passport, driving licence) and address (for example, a copy of utility bill or bank statement), and the information that you require.
If we hold any inaccurate information about you, please tell us and we will correct it.
How We Operate Regarding Cookies
We are committed to protecting your personal data via providing a secure website and best practice policies on Data Protection. We do not share your personal data with anyone else.
Google Analytics Cookies:
We use Google Analytics to review our website and this lets us see information such as number of visitors how long they stay on and what pages they have viewed. Google Analytics does not provide any personally identifiable information about you. In order to run Google Analytics we use a Cookie which is a small piece of software that loads in your browser which will log your site visit and the pages visited. Google Analytics will store your IP Address and also records the pages you visit on our website and other information which is not personally identifiable to you. For more information on google analytics https://www.google.co.uk/analytics
Enquiries & Feedback:
When you make an enquiry or feedback using the forms on this website then we store this information for a while so that we can effectively deal with the enquiry or feedback request. When we have dealt with the enquiry or feedback we will then delete the personal details e.g. name, email address, telephone no etc.
As a fail safe we have also built in an automatic deletion system that will automatically delete your personal details after 12 months. Unless you have ticked the opt in box so that you can be keep up to date with news and promotions.
My Right To Be Forgotten
If you choose you have the right to have personal information about you deleted from our systems. You can do this by filling out the contact us form and we will delete your personal details from our systems.
We will keep this policy under review and any changes made from time to time will be posted on this page.